This is my 100th post! I wish it were about something more important than TV…
Back in September I wrote about the TV shows I thought I’d keep up with. Here’s an update:
- Boardwalk Empire – It was awesome, especially after Daddy Bug and I got it together and actually finished it On Demand! I’m not a huge fan of the violence but I understand it goes with the territory. Anyhow, the story is great, I love the 1920’s, and I’m looking forward to next season.
- New Girl – It’s not the best show but I love Zooey Deschanel and her quirkiness. It definitely has its funny moments.
- The Office – Interesting since Steve Carell left. Not bad, but I do miss him and his antics. The Jim/Dwight rivalry always gives me fits of giggles.
- Parenthood – It just finished but I haven’t watched the season finale episode yet. It’s on the list! I still love this show as much as I originally did.
Other Shows I’ve Picked Up:
- All-American Muslim – I’m so sad this was cancelled. Screw you Lowes! I found it to be one of the most interesting reality (actually real life!) TV shows. I loved seeing how different their culture is from mine and yet how some parts of life are common no matter what religion or culture you identify with most. (Example: The newly married couple struggling after coming home with their new baby. Right there with ya guys!) It was interesting to see what it’s like to be both American and Muslim. Plus there’s something about a Midwestern/Middle Eastern accent that intrigues me. 😉
- Sisterwives – I don’t know what else to say except I KNOW this isn’t the life for me. And my husband feels the same way, thank the Lord. And yet, I still watch it. It’s interesting to see the experiences of people with alternate lifestyles, I suppose.
- Teen Mom 2 – I didn’t so much as “pick up” this one as I just continued watching it from last season. This just ended, and what a tragedy these girls’ lives are. At one point I considered not watching it anymore not because it wasn’t entertaining, but because it was so sad. I really feel like that these moms in particular are stuck. Their struggles never end and they never seem to change. 😦
- The Today Show – The only TV show that I watch when it airs… gotta catch up on my news! And Bug loves the local news parts, especially weather and traffic.
- Big Bang Theory – I really took my time coming around to watching this one but I’m so glad I did. I love geeks because I am one! And I like that I get their science jokes. I watch the reruns on other channels and have been trying to keep up with the current season too.
Looking Forward to Watching:
- 16 & Pregnant – Did I mention I have an MTV pregnancy problem? (No, I won’t be following up on Jersey Shore to see how Snookie’s rumored pregnancy is going.) The original teen mom reality show still pulls me in every season.
- Game of Thrones – Did I mention I have an HBO problem too? I started watching this after Bug came home from the NICU. I can’t wait to see what happens with the dragons!
(Note: All this TV watching wouldn’t be possible without the help of On Demand.)