We went to Adventure Aquarium on Superbowl Sunday morning. Turns out it was a great time to go, almost no crowds until we left! It was Bug’s first time visiting the aquarium. Here are a few of the good shots … Continue reading
Just a quick update since you’ve been inundated with pictures and videos this week.
Bug had the last of my breast milk stores in his cereal this morning. 😦 Funny story, it was stuff I pumped and froze on the supposed Rapture Day this past May, if you remember all that hype. I saved it until now because it made me laugh. The expiration date coincided nicely with Bug giving up nursing and transitioning over to formula completely. He’ll have formula from now until his first birthday.
New Bug Behaviors:
• He smiles at the dishwasher when it turns on and off, like it’s a person.
• He turns off the light in his room (we’ve been working on it a few days!)
• He responds appropriately to “Hands up!” when we put the tray on his highchair.
• He started chewing on his tongue yesterday.
• He’s ticklish on his ribs and tops of his shoulders. (His feet too but he doesn’t usually laugh about them.)
• If he’s not sure if something is funny he’ll look at me first, then laugh if I’m laughing. 🙂
Mimi and I are taking Bug on a day trip to Brooklyn, NY to visit his great grandmother, my Nonni, tomorrow. It will be his first time through NJ and into NY! Aren’t we adventurous?!?
Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Pictures and video of conflicting seasons are below. Yeah, Nor’easters!
Bug has given up nursing completely – he was almost there a few weeks ago but kept doing an early morning breast feeding session. He put an end to that last week. I’m sad and not sad about this. I miss that close time with him and generally feel like crying every time I see a baby nursing. But I don’t have to wear nursing bras anymore, not even at night! My boobs are still big-ish which is nice, but they look and feel a little… deflated. I’ve probably crossed the TMI line and will stop discussing the state of my bosoms now. 😉
Bug has rediscovered his tongue and feet. He likes playing with both body parts as if they were new, hehe.
He is on a solid foods kick – as in he prefers them to his bottle and intentionally drinks less so he can eat more. NOT GOOD BABY! A baby’s main source of nutrition is breast milk or formula until the age of 1. NOT EVEN CLOSE BUDDY! Did I mention I gave birth to a willful child?
He is finally using all of the homemade blankets and sweaters friends and family knitted or crocheted for him. Yay cold weather! I will be taking pictures and mailing them to the crafty gift-givers 🙂
He gets a kick out of Eddie Murphy. And so do I!
I need to go through his clothes – he’s on a growth spurt again and growing out of his 6 month sizes! Also need to make a list of the clothes he is missing because of the growing and will need for winter.
Too much to write about to do a Wednesday of the wordless variety. But there are pictures and even videos, I promise!
- He babbles! “Mamamamama”, “Bababababa”, “Buhbuhbuh”, “Mummmumumum”, “HMMM baba” – my favorite 🙂
- He learned how to make very high pitched, non-crying noises. And also learned to whine. He learned it’s a good attention getting device too.
- He does belly laughs! They’re rare but once you get him going it’s hard for him to stop.
- He tries to get into a sitting position while laying down, but isn’t successful and ends up making cute little straining noises.
- He prefers sitting to laying down while he plays, but still needs pillows behind him in case he loses his balance. No propping needed!
- He’s liked all the second foods we’ve given him so far so much, that he’d rather skip his bottle. I’m giving him the bottle before his solids now. 😉
- He’s down to nursing just once in the very early morning, usually around 4:30am, and eventually goes back to sleep if he has little interaction during the feeding – but not always, hmph!
Last Friday Daddy Bug and I went on a real adults-only date! We went out for dinner and drinks in Philly and attended the Opera Company of Philadelphia’s production of Carmen. Ahh, remnants from our pre-baby life, how we missed you. Aunt Lana did babysitting duties for Bug, including the exhausting process of putting him to bed. Thank you thank you thank you! We, of course, stayed up past midnight and struggled a bit the next day but I think it was worth it. Even though it was a little expensive, we chose to renew our tickets for this opera season before Bug was born so we had at least 3 built-in dates for the next year. Good choice!
I sent all day Sunday doing laundry and going through my clothes – switched out summer stuff with fall stuff, got rid of clothes to worn out to wear anymore, and PUT AWAY MY NURSING TOPS AND BRAS! Thanks for the motivation, Diana. Don’t get me wrong, I love nursing my baby, but I love wearing normal clothes again tooooo. Have you seen the episode of Gilmore Girls when the girls come back home from backpacking through Europe and Rory greets and hugs all the clothes in her closet? “I missed you, I missed you all!” That was me. (Season 4 Episode 1, around the 3.5 minute mark, for your reference).
On Monday we went out for a trail walk with both Andrea & Baby Caleb and Arianna & Baby Niklaus. What a trio (sextuplet?) we are! I had such a great time I didn’t realize how long we had been walking for. I’m still a little sore but would love to do it again. 🙂 The timing worked out well for the boys because it coincided with similar morning nap times, woot. And the fall weather was great – the skies were clearing up just as we started walking, and we were finished before it the wind picked up. I, like a dummy, forgot to take a picture. We must have been cute though because everyone we passed smiled and cooed at the babies.
Daddy Bug found out he has an interview on October 25th. The position seems like a really good fit for him, as he seems like a really good fit for the position. It would also pave the way for us to eventually obtain a few things we would like to have that require more money than we currently make (me getting to be a stay-at-home-mom until we’re done having babies, moving out of my parents’ house, purchasing a house, paying down our massive student loan debt, etc). Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
Finally, the part you’ve been waiting for. New pictures and vids!
My friend Sarah and Chris’ son Owen made Bug laugh so much!
Bug’s family had quite the weekend!
- We celebrated Mimi’s birthday with my Uncle Tom, Aunt Cleo, and Pappy at the best pizza place ever, Olce in Skippack.
- We went on our first family trip to Philadelphia for a walking tour on Saturday and our second family trip to Baltimore for cousin Analise’s dedication on Sunday.
- I drove us to both cities, which is a good thing for me since Daddy Bug usually does most of the driving, and I don’t particularly like city driving. Also, I kind of had to… Bug’s new big boy car seat takes up a lot of room since he still needs to be rear-facing. Because of how my car is parked in the garage, Bug has to sit behind the driver’s seat and I’m the only one who can fit there now.
- We only had one major disaster over the weekend. We forgot to pack Bug’s bottles on Sunday (but remembered to wash and sanitize them the night before, and pack formula?!). I didn’t bring a nipple shield since Bug doesn’t nurse during the day anymore. He won’t nurse without the shield, and didn’t like the disposable nipples we were able to buy at the rest stop on the way to Baltimore. We gave Bug solid food to tie him over (we remembered that too?!) and Daddy Bug and Aunt Mandy went to Walmart where they bought a new bottle and the correct flow nipples. Crisis averted.
- Bug is finally cutting his first teeth (yes, that’s plural, 2!), can sit up unsupported for long periods of time (if he hasn’t eaten recently… if he has he pukes everywhere lol), and is SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!!! We’re talking 8-11 hours in a row my friends. Sometimes he wakes up but can be settled down quickly with a pacifier, sometimes a cuddle.