HELP! We’re flying to Florida for 3 days to visit Bug’s Grandmama. We’ve never flown with a baby before and have no idea what we’re doing. He’ll be about 18 months old when we go.
- Should we get him his own seat or fly with him in our laps? He’s too big for his infant carrier (has been for awhile, lol). He’s currently crawling but should be (hopefully) walking by then.
- Are there different policies about babies for different companies? We’re not buying the tickets so I can’t really choose the company myself, but suggestions could be helpful.
- I already looked up security checks on the TSA site (very helpful!) so I think we’re good with that type of stuff.
- We’re going to have to bring a car seat with us because he doesn’t have one there and we’ll definitely be taking car rides. Is that a checked luggage item? Is it carry-on if it’s the approved type of car seat that can be used on an air plane? What are the “approved” seats anyway?
- This got complicated in a hurry, didn’t it?
EDIT – This link on the FAA site was helpful too. But we’re not buying a new seat/restraint for one trip when we already have 2 car seats…