So Much to Write, So Little Time – DAY 93

Ahh so many things to blog about and not enough time to do it! I have a list of at least 5 posts I want to write… why didn’t I post during the Thanksgiving Break, you ask? I don’t know if you noticed, but I don’t really post during the weekends. Everyone is home then so it doesn’t cross my mind. So imagine a regular weekend extended and add a Thanksgiving dinner and extended family to it!

One important thing that doesn’t require its own post: someone found my blog by doing a Yahoo search! What did they search for? “optimal timing of steroid shots to mature lungs” (My blog was on the bottom of page 5, not bad if I do say so myself.) Yeah preemie posts!

Bug learned to roll from his back to his belly! He still doesn’t love being on his belly but he finally figured out he can reach more things he wants by rolling to them. He only did it one night (in pursuit of putting my shoe in his mouth, gross) but I plan to make him practice, hehe. He’s more likely to do it if he can pull himself onto his belly by holding onto the object he wants – my shoe was on my foot so it was perfect.

Bug still has no teeth but we’re definitely sure he’s teething this time. The drool is out of control, he keeps chewing on one finger and will try to chew on anything he can get his hands on, and is super cranky. Tylenol helps, as do his frozen teething toys, but nothing makes the pain go away completely. This, plus the return of my period for the first time in 1.5 years and its accompanying hormone spikes and dips, plus Thanksgiving, plus attempting to fix his daytime schedule made for an interesting past 7 days.

Bug’s schedule… he had been waking at night only once for a bottle which was AMAZING!!! And then it stopped. We weren’t sure why (teething? growth spurt? another attempt at manipulating the parents?) but I decided it was time to concentrate his daytime naps. He would take a long morning nap and long afternoon nap, but took smaller 30 minute naps in between. I’ve been cutting out the small naps and making him do a 1 hour morning nap and 2 hour afternoon nap. The morning nap is great (he has a bottle and oatmeal before it and is full, warm, and happy). The afternoon nap can be a struggle because I make him wait to sleep until after noon, if possible. It helps if he has a bottle and lunch right before nap time. He doesn’t usually make it to the 2 hour mark and needs some assistance to stay asleep. He’s good for at least 1 hour and 45 minutes. The other struggle is Bug making it to bedtime, 6:30pm. I usually have to let him take a half-hour snoozie around 4pm so he doesn’t totally lose it before bed. Bug has always been great about going to bed though – bath, bottle, bed is his favorite. He has been giving up the bottle on account of being so tired. I think if his teeth weren’t bothering him so much he would go back to waking once a night for his bottle. Right now its more like 2 or 3 wakeups before I’m ready for him to be up for the day, usually involving a pacifier placement or blanket adjustment. (On a side note, he’s getting better at  putting the pacifier into his mouth all on his own. Fingers crossed he starts putting it in himself and going back to sleep without parental intervention!)

So what have Baby Bug, Mama Bug, and Daddy Bug been up to since Halloween? I have so many pictures and videos that I’ll split them into a few separate posts. Here’s a video to tie you over until I get a chance to finish them!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s