Too much to write about to do a Wednesday of the wordless variety. But there are pictures and even videos, I promise!
- He babbles! “Mamamamama”, “Bababababa”, “Buhbuhbuh”, “Mummmumumum”, “HMMM baba” – my favorite 🙂
- He learned how to make very high pitched, non-crying noises. And also learned to whine. He learned it’s a good attention getting device too.
- He does belly laughs! They’re rare but once you get him going it’s hard for him to stop.
- He tries to get into a sitting position while laying down, but isn’t successful and ends up making cute little straining noises.
- He prefers sitting to laying down while he plays, but still needs pillows behind him in case he loses his balance. No propping needed!
- He’s liked all the second foods we’ve given him so far so much, that he’d rather skip his bottle. I’m giving him the bottle before his solids now. 😉
- He’s down to nursing just once in the very early morning, usually around 4:30am, and eventually goes back to sleep if he has little interaction during the feeding – but not always, hmph!
Last Friday Daddy Bug and I went on a real adults-only date! We went out for dinner and drinks in Philly and attended the Opera Company of Philadelphia’s production of Carmen. Ahh, remnants from our pre-baby life, how we missed you. Aunt Lana did babysitting duties for Bug, including the exhausting process of putting him to bed. Thank you thank you thank you! We, of course, stayed up past midnight and struggled a bit the next day but I think it was worth it. Even though it was a little expensive, we chose to renew our tickets for this opera season before Bug was born so we had at least 3 built-in dates for the next year. Good choice!
I sent all day Sunday doing laundry and going through my clothes – switched out summer stuff with fall stuff, got rid of clothes to worn out to wear anymore, and PUT AWAY MY NURSING TOPS AND BRAS! Thanks for the motivation, Diana. Don’t get me wrong, I love nursing my baby, but I love wearing normal clothes again tooooo. Have you seen the episode of Gilmore Girls when the girls come back home from backpacking through Europe and Rory greets and hugs all the clothes in her closet? “I missed you, I missed you all!” That was me. (Season 4 Episode 1, around the 3.5 minute mark, for your reference).
On Monday we went out for a trail walk with both Andrea & Baby Caleb and Arianna & Baby Niklaus. What a trio (sextuplet?) we are! I had such a great time I didn’t realize how long we had been walking for. I’m still a little sore but would love to do it again. 🙂 The timing worked out well for the boys because it coincided with similar morning nap times, woot. And the fall weather was great – the skies were clearing up just as we started walking, and we were finished before it the wind picked up. I, like a dummy, forgot to take a picture. We must have been cute though because everyone we passed smiled and cooed at the babies.
Daddy Bug found out he has an interview on October 25th. The position seems like a really good fit for him, as he seems like a really good fit for the position. It would also pave the way for us to eventually obtain a few things we would like to have that require more money than we currently make (me getting to be a stay-at-home-mom until we’re done having babies, moving out of my parents’ house, purchasing a house, paying down our massive student loan debt, etc). Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
Finally, the part you’ve been waiting for. New pictures and vids!
My friend Sarah and Chris’ son Owen made Bug laugh so much!